Saturday, April 30, 2016

Conquering guilt as a trauma surgeon mother

shutterstock_241521790

Guilt was not a huge part of my vocabulary until I became a mom.  I never felt much guilt about how I spent my time.  Didn’t feel guilty about sleeping in, or working out, or having a girls’ night out.  And so on and so forth.

And then I became a mom.  You know, that moment when you get shoved into the most beautiful world; a place more beautiful than you could ever imagine, and then the door to your prior world gets slammed shut and padlocked behind you.

To be exact, I became a trauma surgeon mom.  A mom that can work in a week and a half what most Americans might work in a month.  I work crazy hours, am tired almost every single day, and typically I get only one weekend off a month.  Nope, no pity party here.  I chose it, and I love it.  But, as I mentioned in the recent Forbes article, try as I might, I just can’t seem to find more than 24 hours in a day.

Continue reading ...

Your patients are rating you online: How to respond. Manage your online reputation: A social media guide. Find out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment