Tuesday, April 5, 2016

Ask your doctors how they are doing. Please.

shutterstock_110822132

It’s Tuesday around 9 a.m., and I, a pediatric ear, nose, and throat surgeon on my third or fourth patient at a satellite clinic an hour away from home when the abdominal pain started. It feels as if someone is repeatedly stabbing a knife, and twisting it around, right below my breastbone.

I barely got through that encounter, then moved to the next patient. It will stop, it has to. There were 14 patients on my schedule this morning, and 12 in the afternoon.

The pain made it clear I was not in charge today. In between the stabbing pain, I managed to get through each appointment. Our staff suggested that I go home.

“No, it will go away.”

Continue reading ...

Your patients are rating you online: How to respond. Manage your online reputation: A social media guide. Find out how.

No comments:

Post a Comment